Thursday, January 17, 2008

Appreciation!!

SO for Christmas the girls and I made Grandpa Gary a quilt. It was a simple one that I had sewn squares togther of yellow and blue and some that said "I love Grandpa" all over them. Then I let the girls use fabric paint and draw on the plain squares. Then I backed the quilt with a beautiful fleece with pictures of wild animals on it. I was worried that he would not like it tha tmuch, but he absolutly loved it. And then last night we got a thank you card from him and Karen and this is what Gary wrote:

"For some reason members of my family don't necessarily see me as "kind" or Sensitive" guy. That I won't really appreciate sentimental
things. To the contrary, I am very thankful for the quilt. It has
been and is one of the most important gifts of my life. One of those
things I would go back for in a fire. Thank you very, very much"

WOW. When I read that I started to cry. It touched me soo much to see that he does love the quilt and the work that the girls and I put into it. It has made my month for sure. Possibly my life too.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so sweet and cool! I'm so proud of him for sharing his feelings and so grateful that you guys were able to make a connection. You are great. I love you.

spaceyhawks said...

Dang it I hate it when jelly beats me to what I was going to say! Yes, I agree with her. It may be hard for some of us to find that connection, but I am really glad it's there for you. It really is awesome what he said, and I'm so glad for it!